Whether your nonprofit is considering a capital campaign for improving or building facilities, creating or strengthening endowment funds, or beginning new programs, our firm’s 30+ years of experience and time-tested principles will serve to prepare and guide you through a campaign tailored to the ethos of your organization.
The Readiness Assessment is used to determine the clarity and unity among an organization’s internal constituents. This includes the board, administration, and other insiders related to the organization’s future and their vision, particularly as it relates to capital requirements. In addition, the assessment will evaluate the current advancement systems, procedures and staffing as an organization prepares for a major campaign.
During the assessment, through a combination of data collection and analysis, and individual interviews, the focus will be on answering the following questions:
- Are your advancement systems ready to support a major campaign?
- Do you have sufficient staff prepared to support a campaign?
- Do you have policies and procedures in place for planned giving, endowment gifts, etc?
- Do you have a compelling draft of the case for your campaign?
- What successes or challenges have you experienced during past campaigns?
- What is the capacity of your top 100 donor prospects for the campaign?
- Who are the qualified prospective individuals and foundations with the capacity to give gifts of six and possibly seven figures to interview during a feasibility study?
- Who are prospective volunteer leaders and solicitors for the campaign?
- Are the board, administration and key volunteers informed and supportive of the proposed campaign?
- What is the recommended time frame for launching a feasibility study and capital campaign?