Targeted Advancement Counsel & Annual Giving
Often clients need limited, specialized counsel related to specific issues. Some examples are a need for help with raising annual funds, or a desire to sharpen engagements with major donors. For this type of service, we provide counsel on specific tasks such as:
- Advising on the development of case statements for annual funds.
- Developing strategies to raise annual funds.
- Applying technology to researching and managing donor prospects.
- Identifying and cultivating prospective lead and major donors.
- Recommending strategies based on prospect data.
- Training for staff and volunteer solicitors.
- Providing counsel to the Director of Development, President, and/or Executive Team in their major donor work.
- Recruiting and training volunteers.
- Designing reports for prospect management.
An Advancement Audit is a comprehensive analysis of an organization’s development department and also provides a “roadmap” for strengthening the staffing, planning and implementation of the organization’s development program.
The Audit is accomplished through a review of job descriptions, budgets and financial statements, planning documents, fund development plans, communications systems, and various donor data samples, along with conducting structured interviews with the senior management, development staff, and select development volunteers and/or board members.
The FOCUS Group will conclude the Advancement Audit by delivering a list of practical, ready-to-implement improvement recommendations organized around the following fundamental fundraising framework: Case, Leadership, Prospects, Strategy, and Plan.