The Mission of the FOCUS Group is to build the Kingdom of God through helping nonprofits fulfill their missions by raising major gifts through building relationships with donors.
A Grant Writer with The FOCUS Group is primarily responsible for producing inquiries and grant proposals for clients to maximize the results of their foundation fundraising efforts.
The Grant Writer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop individual letters of inquiry and grant proposals for TFG clients, in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization’s guidelines.
- Assist TFG clients with the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals.
- Work with TFG consultants to fully understand our clients, in order to prepare the strongest proposals possible.
- Perform research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
When a Grant Writer is performing his/her job with excellence:
- All TFG clients are able to submit grant applications of the highest quality to prospective institutional donors.
- All TFG clients are able to submit each of their proposals in compliance with each foundation’s requirements and deadlines.
- Clients successfully obtain a significant amount of funding from foundations relative to their campaign goals.
The ideal candidate will bring the following qualities and experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience with grant writing and working with institutional donors.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Works well under pressure when there are many concurrent projects and is able to prioritize them to meet competing deadlines.
- Organizational skills to keep projects on track.
- Willingness and ability to communicate proactively and clearly with internal and external clients.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations similar to The FOCUS Group’s clientele.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- A passion for serving nonprofits.
- This position is 25-35 hours per week and may be eligible for employee benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, and participation in the company’s 401k plan.
- This position may work in the St. Augustine office or may work remotely.
- 5-10 days of travel per year expected, to attend staff retreats and occasional client meetings.
- Expected compensation: $20 to $30 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.