The Human Resources Specialist provides strategic direction and overall administration of the HR function of The FOCUS Group. This key leadership role designs, develops and leads programs and activities that aligns with the mission, vision and values of our company. This person is a trusted advisor supporting employees at all levels of the company.
This is an exempt position with preference to candidates in the greater Jacksonville, Florida area, but qualified candidates working remotely will be considered.
- Assist managers in workforce planning, staffing new and reorganized areas, providing advice on appropriate positions and structure.
- Oversee hiring of workforce, positioning the company to meet current and future staffing needs
- Coordinate drafting of job descriptions, set hiring ranges, design recruiting strategies, lead managers through the recruiting, interviewing hiring and onboarding of new team members.
- Design, develop and oversee performance and development programs including compensation approach and salary administration activities for staff that appropriately reward and assist in sustaining excellent performance.
- Design talent management programs that serve the needs of the company including effective onboarding, developing employees for current opportunities, building bench strength for the future, and succession plans for key positions.
- Own and improve the current Annual Performance Evaluation process, including annual performance reviews, and 30, 60 and 90-day reviews for new hires.
- Manage the onboarding and training of new hires for employment-related items such as company policies, tracking time and expenses, holidays, PTO, etc.
- Design, develop and implement continuous employee training and leadership development platforms for different levels of the organization.
- Manage the PDP’s (personal development plans) for managers and direct reports to ensure growth and career paths are developed.
- Drive Benefits Administration
- Participate in the renewal of health benefit products in collaboration with company brokers.
- Manage company’s 401(k) plan including but not limited to enrollment and yearly plan review meetings.
- Work with CFO, benefits broker and insurance carriers on annual renewal and enhancements.
- Direct benefits administration, enrollment, and open enrollment meetings.
- Design and implement programs to support and engage employees.
- Identify and analyze employee challenges and recommend appropriate actions.
- Counsel management and employees on developmental actions and performance improvement.
- Educate and inform regarding HR policies and procedures including providing systems for equipping managers to effectively deal with front-line employee issues.
Alignment and Compliance
- Ensure procedures, policies are clearly aligned with the company’s annual and strategic plans and mission, vision and values.
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook, recommending and revising personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure current and appropriate policy standards are established and communicated.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and suggest organizational adjustments to comply with required changes. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, for all states in which the company employs staff.
- Participate in audits and other required reporting procedures.
Records and Technology
- Primary oversight of all employee records, ensuring confidentiality and compliance.
- Recommend and maintain robust technology platforms that serve employees.
- Oversee HR software platforms that support employees with resources, and information key to job success. Electronic resources include HRIS, learning management technology and intranet-based resources.
- Efforts are driven by strong moral principles.
- Communicates clearly and honestly with colleagues and clients.
- Fulfills his or her commitments to colleagues and clients.
- Promotes client success ahead of personal or firm interests.
- Seeks to propose and deliver solutions that are appropriate for each client.
- Demonstrates a willingness to go the extra mile and exceed client expectations in effort and results.
- Looks for ways to provide formal or informal leadership with his/her peers at The FOCUS Group. Embraces continuous improvement and looks for ways to improve the business.
- Provides leadership to clients by serving as a trusted advisor to them.
- Consistently takes the initiative to help clients, projects and new business opportunities move forward.
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase the value delivered to clients.
- Seeks to be efficient in the direct or indirect use of client resources.
Minimum years of relevant experience: 10 + years’ experience as an HR specialist/generalist, with at least 3 years in HR leadership. Desired experience across the HR disciplines, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, resource planning, compensation, employee engagement, benefits, HRIS, and learning/development.
Education: An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field; PHR required, an SPHR preferred.
Knowledge areas: Benefits, compensation, hiring, HRIS, HR policies and procedures, employee relations, ADA, ACA, OSHA, strategic and financial planning, organizational development, staff training, budgeting and forecasting, and project management. Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with senior executives and proven ability to give wise counsel. Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Outlook , PowerPoint) and HRIS technology.