A Consultant with The FOCUS Group provides fundraising counsel to clients and helps lead feasibility studies and capital campaigns.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding and applying the Taking Donors Seriously principles and framework to provide quality advice to clients.
- Helps to evaluate the capacity of their clients through feasibility studies and development assessments, conducting interviews and research, formulating recommendations and presenting the findings in a written report.
- Provides counsel to clients’ executives, capital campaign managers and meets with their committees on a regular basis. The counsel and meetings include phone calls, emails and regular travel to the client locations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing Windshield2020 to generate insight and reports for advising clients.
- Successfully leverages personal experience as well as the collective wisdom of the team to provide wise counsel and effective solutions.
- Meets key deadlines for report writing assignments and delivers high-quality, high-value content.
- Manages level of service to align with each client’s project budget.
- Provides team leadership on a number of projects, to ensure contracted services are provided within time budgets.
- Consistently meets or exceeds monthly billable hours and marketing hours targets.
- Client projects are organized and running on schedule. Clients are receiving the appropriate amount of attention given the project requirements and budgeted time.
- Senior Consultants are apprised of the progress being made and any issues with client projects.
- Campaign Managers are guided, advised and encouraged in support of their capital campaign efforts.
- Clear, timely, honest and professional communication with clients.
- Cultivates long-term relationships with key leaders and staff at client organizations.
- Proactively serves and provides leadership to clients.
- Clear and professional communication with TFG colleagues.
- Generates leads, primarily through receiving referrals from current and past clients.
- Assesses the needs of a prospective client to assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Cultivates relationships with prospective clients, and presents proposals, and makes visits as appropriate.
- Working from a remote location is allowed.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of time, for client and business development meetings as well as staff retreats.